Important Community Updates
A notice from Waste Management:
Dear Community Manager,
At Waste Management, we are committed to putting people first. The health and safety of our employees, customers and communities is our highest priority.
- Based on the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), and federal, state and local agencies, Waste Management is taking necessary steps in response to social distancing recommendations, potential mitigation activity, and declared local states of emergency.
- Effective March 18, 2020, we are temporarily closing residential call centers to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- We are actively coordinating remote operations to serve our customers during this situation with the goal of resuming residential call handing as soon as possible.
- At this time, there is no impact to your scheduled residential collection service. Please let residents know that we are continuing to operate on our regular schedule.
- For the most up-to-date service information, please encourage residents to visit wm.com/alerts. If we do need to adjust service, we will post the information to this webpage.
- For other service inquires, residents can submit an email to:
- Please be aware that response time may be impacted by high volume.
- The COVID-19 situation is evolving daily. As circumstances change that may impact our ability to provide services as scheduled, we will provide updates to our customers and communities. Please be sure to bookmark our website for easy-to-access updates wm.com/alerts.
We recognize that the temporary interruption to phone service may create an inconvenience. We appreciate your partnership and patience as we navigate this fluid situation together and focus on keeping our people and communities safe.